The following information provides updates and changes to NDIS service delivery
NDIS Support Coordination
Face to face contact with participants is being kept to a minimum, with meetings and other contact being conducted by phone, email or video calls where possible.
NDIS Plan Management
Plan Management services will continue to be conducted remotely.
NDIS Home and Community Support
The following measures are being implemented at this time:
- There will be limited supports delivered in aged care facilities and hospitals as per Department of Health guidelines.
- Social distancing measures have resulted in all social group activities being cancelled, however you can contact our team to arrange 1:1 activities.
- If you are being transported by staff you will be asked to sit in the backseat.
- If you need support please call your Coordinator of Supports or Project Officer.
- Supports to large gatherings will not be provided.
- Ask your Support worker to help connect you on social media and other apps that may interest you.
- Support workers cannot go shopping for you, the support is there to assist you in the community.
- All staff have completed the department of Health COVID 19 training
If you wish to make a last-minute change to a support, please call the On-Call number 0466919301
All staff are following recommendations from the Department of Health regarding good hygiene practices to minimise the spread and impact of the virus including:
- Cleaning their hands regularly with soap and water.
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Avoiding physical contact, such as shaking hands.
- Use gloves in assistance with any personal care, assisted eating etc.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Staff who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms will not be delivering supports.
If you have face to face supports scheduled, a member of our team will either call ahead to ask the following questions or ask on arrival:
- Do you have cold or flu symptoms, such as coughing, fever, runny nose or sore throat?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has had cold or flu symptoms?
- Have you been overseas or met someone from overseas?
If the answer is yes to any of the above questions, no face to face contact is to occur until further notice. We will work to implement other supports where possible.
NDIS Social Activities
Commencing the week of 27 July we will be commencing limited social activities. You can also contact our team to arrange 1:1 activities.
NDIS Therapeutic Supports
Any changes to therapeutic supports will be communicated directly to each participant.
NDIS Application Support
Face to face appointments are being kept to a minimum, with meetings and other contact being conducted by phone, email or video calls where possible.
If your NDIS Support Officer needs to assist you at an appointment with your GP or other Clinician, where possible this will be done over the phone.
Last Updated 27.08.2020