The following information provides updates and changes to Bridges After Hours GP Clinics as of 28 June 2021:
Please call ahead before presenting to Bridges After Hours GP Clinics:
Erina – 02 4367 9699
Kanwal – 02 4394 7333
We are now able to offer patients telehealth and telephone consultations where appropriate.
If you have been to any declared hotspots, or have come into contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, please call the COVID 19 Hotline on 1800 020 080. Please self isolate immediately and have a COVID 19 test.
The following resource has been provided by the Department of Health to assist people in identifying the symptoms of COVID-19.
Need more information about self-isolation and COVID-19 testing?
Our services remain open, although we are making some changes to protect everyone attending the clinics:
Due to the escalating current COVID-19 situation, if you have any of the following symptoms which include sore or scratchy throat, runny nose, cough, headache, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, we are unable to see you unless you have proof of a negative COVID test within the last 48 hours. This is across all age groups, including infants and children. It will be at the discretion of the GP on duty if you are seen as a face to face consultation and we may be able to offer you a Telehealth Consultation as an alternative
- Our receptionists continue to ask risk screening questions on the current guidelines for COVID-19 of all patients either via phone or when in attendance.
- We encourage all patients to call first before presenting to any medical service including Bridges After Hours.
- Telehealth or telephone consultations are now available where appropriate.
- Do not enter the building without calling our reception desk first.
- Social distancing is enforced in our waiting areas and you may be asked to wait in your car.
- Only the patient and a support person are allowed to enter the building.
- You will be advised to wait in your car until you are called by either the GP or receptionist to enter the building for consultation.
- As well as asking the risk screening questions the receptionist will also be asking patients the reason for their visit under normal triaging guidelines this is to assist our doctors whether it is appropriate to see you face to face or via a telephone consult.
- To protect our GPs and our staff we cannot test for COVID-19.
- If you require COVID-19 Testing you can book online here COVID-19 Respiratory Clinic
- We will not issue Medical Clearances to anyone relating to COVID-19 unless they have been tested and we have access to the results.
- Our GP’s will not issue mask exemptions.
- Infection Control guidelines are being followed.
We may experience unplanned closures at this time. We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Last Updated 07.10.2021