The following information provides updates and changes to Bridges After Hours GP Clinics
Please call ahead before presenting to Bridges After Hours GP Clinics:
Erina – 02 4367 9699
Kanwal – 02 4394 7333
We are now able to offer patients telehealth and telephone consultations where appropriate.
Anyone who has returned from overseas including cruise liners must self isolate for 14 days. If you develop a fever or cold and flu-like symptoms during this time call the National COVID-19 Helpline on 1800 020 080.
If you have come in contact with a confirmed case or suspect COVID-19 self-isolate and call the National COVID-19 Helpline on 1800 020 080.
Non-travellers with cold and or flu-like symptoms should stay at home and call their regular daytime practice.
The following resource has been provided by the Department of Health to assist people in identifying the symptoms of COVID-19
Our services remain open, although we are making some changes to protect everyone attending the clinics:
- Risk screening questions on the current guidelines for COVID-19 are asked by the receptionist of all patients either via phone or when in attendance.
- We encourage all patients to call first before presenting to any medical service including Bridges After Hours.
- Do not enter the building without calling our reception desk first.
- For infection control purposes our waiting areas are closed at this time and social distancing is enforced.
- Only the patient to be seen, or the patient’s carer/guardian, is to enter the building.
- You will be advised to wait in your car until you are called by either the GP or receptionist to enter the building for consultation.
- As well as asking the risk screening questions the receptionist will also be asking patients the reason for their visit under normal triaging guidelines this is to assist our doctors whether it is appropriate to see you face to face or via a telephone consult.
- To protect our GPs and our staff we cannot test for COVID-19.
- We can provide COVID-19 referrals to Private Pathology Companies at the GP’s discretion via telehealth/telephone consultation but will not be conducting the test in-house to protect GP and our administration staff.
- We will not issue Medical Clearances to anyone relating to COVID 19 unless they have been tested and we have access to the results.
- Infection Control guidelines are being followed.
We may experience unplanned closures at this time. We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Last Updated 13.05.2020